Home Forums Official Club Day Tour Outings Wednesday Ski Tour, 2nd February

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ANDREW BLACK

It’s 37°F at Government Camp right now, but rain will turn to snow overnight, and the forecast is for continuing snow all day Monday and Tuesday, gradually tapering.  Similar but somewhat colder conditions are forecast for Mt Hood Meadows.  Snow level down to 2000 ft.

This bodes well for this Wednesday’s ski tour.  Sign up!

Gary Riggs

I’ll go even if it’s Teacup!  Meet at McMenamins?

Karen Fife-Rapp

Is this classic? What is the typical pace? Thanks! ~karen

MARY GREEN

I think Inspiration Loop would work. Mary Green

LARRY RISCH

Just noticed this forum and this post.  Where are you guys going and when.  I don’t want to carpool but might go to meet spot to see where folks are headed, or better meet at snow park, depending on destination.

====

BTW

I went to Timberline today, rather windy and cold when the lift stopped.  Took me awhile to figure out the precipice was freezing on my googles as fast as I could rub it off (thought it was just not coming off at first).

Snow was pretty good even off the groom, up high anyway.

=====

Might go to Twin Lakes or Newton Creek (could ski at Meadows Nordic if things are bad, the groom should be buried though)

ANDREW BLACK

Six of us had a splendid tour today.  The section of Inspiration Loop through Wygant Basin was some of the best skiing I’ve seen — beautiful unbroken snow, but gentle enough that even the least-experienced members of the party were having a blast.  There were 2-3 inches of new fluffy snow on top of the old base, which made for  excellent conditions everywhere, except for a few yards near Inspiration Point, where the wind had scoured it away.  We even had some views:

Skiing in Wygant Basin

Thanks to “the two Marys” for showing me this route!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.