Home Forums Official Club Day Tour Outings Two Upcoming Tours – Tomorrow & Sunday

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by John Sprauer.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SCOTT DIAMOND

Snow is arriving this week and we have two tour coming up! As posted previously, tomorrow, Donna is leading a tour of one of our favorite WA SnoParks.

Christine is at it again! This time she is leading her ever popular Super Bowl Sunday Tour. As she describes this tour

Superbowl Sunday Mt. Hood Ski Outing & Tailgate Party 2/11/2024
      Mt. Hood is almost an empty playground on Superbowl Sunday, so let’s take advantage of open roads and uncrowded trails to ski and socialize there! Plan to ski at Bennett Pass, with the Teacup Nordic Center a few miles away as a backup, depending on weather and snow conditions. The 5-mile, out and back trail is ungroomed, and winds through the woods on level sections, and gentle to moderate hills.Mt. Hood is visible in places, and utterly picture-worthy a couple of miles in! If I have a co-Leader willing to take a group, skiers can also continue uphill from that spot to ski the Terrible Traverse for possible views of Mt. Jefferson. If it’s icy, you might want to bring along skins for the descent.

…. For the tailgate party in the parking lot following our tour, bring a snack or lunch item to share with the group, and a chair to kick back in. Have a few favorite songs in mind in case one of us has a great, car stereo system, and we can play requests. Dancing is optional! We will be carpooling from the East side. Take along gas money per the ONC Club mileage rate if you ride with a driver. Drivers will need to have a SnoPark permit.

I’ve heard some wild rumors about the apes ski party and “pole dancing” …

As noted above we’d like to have co-leader is someone is willing. Both of these tours are posted on the Day Tour page. I wanted to also mention that there are great pics of recent day and overnight tours on the ONC Portland Group Facebook page.

ahlenkt

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2024, at 7:34 AM, SCOTT DIAMOND <forums@onc-pdx.org> wrote:

SCOTT DIAMOND posted on February 6,2024 at 7:33 am :

Snow is arriving this week and we have two tour coming up! As posted previously, tomorrow, Donna is leading a tour of one of our favorite WA SnoParks.

Christine is at it again! This time she is leading her ever popular Super Bowl Sunday Tour. As she describes this tour

Superbowl Sunday Mt. Hood Ski Outing & Tailgate Party 2/11/2024
        Mt. Hood is almost an empty playground on Superbowl Sunday, so let’s take advantage of open roads and uncrowded trails to ski and socialize there! Plan to ski at Bennett Pass, with the Teacup Nordic Center a few miles away as a backup, depending on weather and snow conditions. The 5-mile, out and back trail is ungroomed, and winds through the woods on level sections, and gentle to moderate hills.Mt. Hood is visible in places, and utterly picture-worthy a couple of miles in! If I have a co-Leader willing to take a group, skiers can also continue uphill from that spot to ski the Terrible Traverse for possible views of Mt. Jefferson. If it’s icy, you might want to bring along skins for the descent.

…. For the tailgate party in the parking lot following our tour, bring a snack or lunch item to share with the group, and a chair to kick back in. Have a few favorite songs in mind in case one of us has a great, car stereo system, and we can play requests. Dancing is optional! We will be carpooling from the East side. Take along gas money per the ONC Club mileage rate if you ride with a driver. Drivers will need to have a SnoPark permit.

I’ve heard some wild rumors about the apes ski party and “pole dancing” …

As noted above we’d like to have co-leader is someone is willing. Both of these tours are posted on the Day Tour page. I wanted to also mention that there are great pics of recent day and overnight tours on the ONC Portland Group Facebook page.

Post Link: https://onc-pdx.org/forums/topic/two-upcoming-tours-tomorrow-sunday/

———–

You can reply to this topic by:

1. replying to this email which will post your reply to the topic page on the website
        2. using the post link above. Log in and type your reply
        3. replying privately to the original poster here: scott.diamond.mail@gmail.com

You are receiving this email because you are subscribed to the forum Official Club Day Tour Outings. To unsubscribe
        from this forum, click here. By doing this you will then need to visit the website to see new
        topics and posts

To unsubscribe from all ONC PDX forums, click here. By unsubscribing you will miss out on
        timely news and updates to the ONC community.

John Sprauer

Hi scott,
          I’m a new member with ONC I will be up on the mountain snowshoeing on
          Sunday and I would love to meet up with everyone for the tailgate party.
          What time do you think you all will be back to the parking lot?

Kindly,
          John Sprauer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.