1. Only Oregon Nordic Club members may participate on ONC-PDX overnight trips, even if it is a trip for which no money is collected. Non-members may join the club when signing up for an overnight trip. The membership fee can be paid at this time. The only exceptions are overnight trail tending work parties and Tilly Jane Club weekends, which are open to volunteers on those projects.
2. The first overnight trip application opportunity is at the October ONC-PDX meeting and at the designated time. The member must submit this application and payment at that time, in person, or through a representative in person. The trip leader cannot be a representative. Following the trip sign up-date, openings are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis, based on the time/date the application is received by the trip leader. Overnight trip leaders have the privilege of signing up for any ONC-PDX overnight trip prior to the October meeting.
3. Restrictions on participation may apply to some trips based on the participant’s ability and experience needed to safely execute the trip. The trip leader has the authority to make this determination for the safety of all trip participants. The trip leader may also limit participation based on accommodations.
4. If a trip is full, participants may choose to be placed on the wait list, if an application is submitted with the trip fee. If space becomes available, wait list participants may then choose to fill the space or decline. If participation is declined the full payment is refunded.
TRIP CANCELLATION POLICY
5. If canceling, contact the trip leader immediately. There may be a wait list.
6. Participants are responsible for finding a replacement which may include contacting people on the wait list.
7. Trip fees and deposits are non-refundable, unless a replacement is found. Commercial travel insurance is highly recommended.
8. Once a replacement is found, the participant must send written/email refund request to the overnight trip committee. When the replacement has been confirmed and payment received, a refund will be issued within 30 days, less $10 administration fee.
9. If the club cancels the trip, the full amount paid will be refunded. Trip cancellations are decided by the Overnight Trip Committee.
Commercial travel insurance is available from a variety of providers. Please see Trip Insurance for the current listing of some trip insurance companies.
1. Overnight trip descriptions and the Overnight Activity Planning Worksheet must be submitted to the overnight trip committee by July 31 for trips in the upcoming season. Once reviewed and approved, the overnight trip committee submits the trip descriptions and cost to the web-site and newsletter editor.
2. Reservation receipts for booked facilities and services, including all projected costs for the trip shall be included with the worksheet for the trip.
3. Trip leaders are asked to represent their trips at the October ONC-PDX club meeting.
4. The completed Trip Participant Worksheet must be submitted to the overnight trip committee when it is finalized and prior to the beginning of the trip.
5. The completed Trip Expense Accounting Worksheet must be submitted to the overnight trip committee within 14 days of the completion of the trip.
6. Include scanned copies of all receipts and include with the Check Request. Send this information to the ONC Treasurer and the Overnight Trip Committee email address.
7. A Co-Leader is encouraged on trips of 16 and greater in number.
8. The Co-Leader can be an experienced trip leader who wishes to learn the trip or a person desiring to become an ONC trip leader and who is participating in the club leadership development activities.
9. Co-Leaders may receive a 50% discount of the published trip participant cost when approved by the Overnight Trip Committee.